Friday, August 18, 2006

Questions...

Why do we believe a man who was a simple carpenter, can save our souls from eternal damnation? Why do we throw our faith blindly at a man whose only full historic record is in a book that has caused wars, political arguments, and religious strife for centuries? So what is it about faith in God that captivates some and turns away others? Why do some embrace Faith in God and some shun it?

These questions run deep but they are not the questions that most Christians ask themselves on a daily basis. Most questions have to do with everyday issues; from money to family, from alcohol to sex, from sin to forgiveness. And most of the time we turn to other Christian friends to talk about these issues and seek advice. Have you ever wondered how other Christians talk about these issues, and whether the advice you get or conclusions drawn are biblically sound?

I can't say that I have all the answers about faith, but over the next 21 months I will be taking classes at church to complete a Discipleship program that will teach me how to interpret the bible and become a protector of the word. I will then be able to lead other men to become protectors of the word. I plan to post on what I learn, and how what I learn strengthens my faith in God and his salvation.

If you find this blog feel free to post replys. I only ask that you keep the posts clean, and G rated as my wife, daughter, sisters, mother, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, brother and sister in law's, mother and father in laws, and all of God children will be able to read this blog.

Here is to God in all his glory and his Son Jesus Christ.

No comments: