Friday, December 01, 2006

Angel on a tree... and a new MV

I have said it before, but it is worth repeating. Children are the heart of God, and can convict you sometimes quicker than any Bible verse. If you raise your Children to know their God, their faith will root them to a solid foundation of faith. I again found this out last night.

Well for the past week my daughter has seen on TV the Angel Tree, and keeps asking when we are going to Kroger so we can get her Angel. Well last night she got her chance.

As we walked into Kroger she saw the tree. "Mommy, Daddy, can we get an Angel?” At that point what were we going to say. She proudly carried her Angel "Corissa" (That being the name of the person we were buying Christmas dinner for.) around the store. Such a simple act of unselfishness on her part.... How was I to refuse with my cart full of groceries.

So a memory verse hit me this morning as I read Jeremiah:

Jer 17:10
I the Lord search the heart, and examine the mind, to reward a man, according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.

I notice again that God puts the change of heart first and deeds second. If our heart changes our actions change with it.

No comments: