Monday, August 13, 2007

God's name to me .... Qana

Ezekiel 5 Then he said to me, "Son of man, look toward the north." So I looked, and in the entrance north of the gate of the altar I saw this idol of jealousy.

The idol jealousy here is not the jealousy of man, it is the idol that provokes God to jealousy. That makes him want to rise up and stamp out the evil caused by worshiping idols. There are so many things we set up as idols in our life that causes God to be jealous. Each one separates and takes us further from the relationship we are meant to have with the one true Lord God.

Adonai Elohim, the Lord God, with many characteristics. El-Qana the jealousy of God.
http://www.biblestudytools.net/Lexicons/Hebrew/heb.cgi?number=07067&version=nas

Exodus
5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me

I want my God to be jealous. I want him to pursue me to the ends of the earth. I want to know that he would lay his life down for me. Sacrifice everything, just to love me, because he detests the sin and idols in my life so much.

No comments: