Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ezekiel...

During the break from class, we have been tasked to reading Ezekiel. I must say that it is confusing, especially at 5:15 am....

From what I can gather though, God is pouring his heart out to Ezekiel, trying to convey to the Israelites what He is feeling, and how their destructive living is ruining their chance at a better life and relationship with Him.

God promises his judgment and wrath, and shows again his jealous anger. Then in 18:30 we read this:

30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Oh how God wants us to live a righteous life, with Him as our guide.

I have also come to understand this about my faith... Which seems to be a reaccuring theme as I read and blog...

I want my God to be El Qanna... To be so Jealous of my sin that He wants to root it out of every corner of my being and destroy it. I want Him to pursue me in such a way that He will do anything, even take out His vengeance on his own Son, to have a relationship with me. COR 5:21 God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us so that in Him we may be come the righteousness of God. I want to know that God laid down his Son for our forgiveness because He loves me so much he can not stand to have any sin in the way of a relationship with Him.

I like knowing that God will pursue that loving perfect relationship with me, and will do so in a way that points out flaws in my life I never knew I had. Then I want to turn to him and have him help me fix those flaws.

Ezekiel 18:30-32
30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

No comments: