Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ephesians....

I dove full speed into my Discipleship homework last night, by reading Ephesians. I sat on my hotel room bed listening to Mathew West.

I have often thought that, if I was only allowed to read one or two books of the Bible for the rest of my life, Ephesians would be one that I choose.

Paul writing from his prison cell to the church of Ephesus (SP?), had to pack this letter with as much information as he could, and pack he did.

Every time I read Ephesians I am convicted in some way about my walk as a man of Christ. From unity in the church, how I act and speak, lead my family, or stand as a soldier for the word. Paul explains that I can do none of that as Christ did, without God's saving grace.

My favorite verses in the bible come from Ephesians… Eph 6:10-11 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

Christians are in a battle for the moral compass of this earth. The Devil will do everything he can to make us ignore our faith and become idle believers. He will use things of this world to distract us and try and throw us off our game. Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. The Devil knows he has lost the battle for the souls of people who believe, but if he can make us idle or make us ignore the moral degradation of society, and thus become idle in our faith. He will go after the souls of the unbelievers that have never heard the word of God due to our idleness….

As a man of God I am convicted to not let that happen.... My simple prayer as I go through this class is for God to: “USE ME”… Feed me your word; help me live your Word outwardly in my life…..

… Side note… Typing this weeks verse from Memory: II Peter 8:13 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and forever, Amen.

You will have to take my word for it… I forgot one word… Should be “Lord and Savior”…. And, “To him be Glory”… So I will keep practicing…

I wonder what I will learn when I read Titus….

No comments: