Friday, September 22, 2006

Stretching to understand, Word and Wisdom...

Lets start with the beginning...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Prov 8: 23 (Speaking of wisdom) I was appointed from eternity from the beginning, before the world began.

We seek the Word for wisdom that spans the ages of eternity. To understand that God knew/knows before time began, that I would be sitting her typing on my blog is amazing. What is more amazing is that God's Son was ready before time began to save my soul. Jesus's birth right was laid out before him from the begining as God created the world. (Prov 8: 24-31) Proverbs goes on to say:

Prov 8: 35 For whoever finds me finds life, and receives favor from the Lord.

Even the memory verse shows that we are created in God's plan to live in Christ Jesus.

Eph 2: 10 For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

God knew our hearts before time began, and put his Spirit in them, and then waited for us to make the Choice. He knew it would take some longer than others, but God is patient.

Hard to fathom, and get your brain around completely, but sometimes we just have to accept and not stretch too far.

As I read through John, I have to say: That if I was a Jew at that time listening to Jesus try to explain who he was, I would be confused also, and miss what Jesus is saying. Jesus stretched their minds to understand who he is. Just as he stretches ours in our daily walk, yet sometimes we forget that Faith should be as simple as a child.

No comments: