Monday, September 18, 2006

Faith, Obedience, Love

First, I quoted one of my favorite verses wrong today in DC class…. I said it was in Philippians when we were reading Ephesians…

EPH 3: 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

I think God will understand, but just needed to clear my mind.

Two main things learned this week….

1) We are called by God to be obedient to our faith in Jesus Christ, and God will reward our life. In seeking God through faithfully praying, reading his word, and loving others we obey him, and those are the times he rewards our lives. It is up to us to develop the discipline to prayer and read God’s word he does not force us. The greatest command God gave us is to Love…If we obey this love our actions will be of love, and that love will be Christ.

2) Seeking wisdom through the bible is essential for arming my self against attacks by Satan. If I let God guide my study of his word, he will guide me and keep me on the straight path.

I am looking forward to next week already. The guys in the group, all brought such good incite to today’s class that I can’t wait to hear what they have for next week.

Memory Verse for this week is…

Eph 2:10 For we are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

My daughter (6 years old) convicted me this past week. As I was reading my bible for DC, she asked what I was doing. So I told her and she asked me to read to her from the bible. I thought she meant her kids bible, but no she wanted me to read from my bible. So I did and she sat there and listened. I realized that I have not been doing all that I can to infuse Jesus into her heart, and my heart broke a bit for me being so apathetic about it. Was I obeying God? Well then we were Lifeway Book Store, and I told my daughter she could buy a book. She picked up a children’s NIV study bible. I told her she would have trouble reading that. She said no Dad I want you to read it to me. My heart leapt for joy. Then I had to get over the sticker shock on the price of the bible, but it was not about the money at that point. You don’t realize how much your children pay attention to you, and they can convict you to move sometimes faster than the Holy Spirit. So now every chance I get I will read to my daughter from the bible. God you are so awesome.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I look forward to growing stronger as a Disciple in Christ with you and the other men in our group. My prayers will be with us on this journey. Let us keep a high standard of Christian living and emulate Christ everyday. Thank you for opening your heart to us. Brian