Thursday, October 19, 2006

Early Mornings

The past few mornings I have been getting up early and reading the bible. The thing I notice most is how different my day has gone the past 3 days. By starting out on the right note mentally, I am better able to maintain focus on Christ for the day.

Also I have stopped writing in my work book for my weekly reading. Instead I make notes in my Bible. It flows better and I seem to concentrate more on each section of verse that sticks out to me. Part of me wants to try and write a note about every verse, but I know that God is using this time to speak to me in a certain way. I may read Mathew again next year and have different verses stick out to me then that I can make notes about then.

Today for instance, I read through the 7 woes. And the part that stood out to me was, the dressing up for good appearances on the outside, all the while the filth of sin still resides on the inside. One of the biggest things I struggle with is my pride, and the do it on my own attitude. I will not conquer sin with out Christ; I need to let the spirit clothe me from the inside out.

MV Week 7: II Timothy 3: 16-17
All scripture is God breathed, and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

OK.. So we got off easy this week on the MV.

No comments: