Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Mathew... Again.. And some Proverbs

Mathew 13:44
The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.

The hope of heaven is huge to me. What a wonderful thing to know that I will walk with my savior forever. I also hide his kingdom away in my heart, and the memory verses help me do that. Often on days I miss reading the bible I find myself repeating the Memory verses over and over again. Not only are they a treasure of hope in my heart, they are nuggets of truth that help me walk daily in Christ.

Mathew 16: 20
Then he warned the disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

The disciples did not fully understand who Christ was. Jesus is warning them not to say anything about him until they understand. Much in the same way it is better for us not to try and explain scripture to someone unless we understand. The implications of explaining it wrong is big.

Mathew 16: 28
I tell you the truth, so of you who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

Mathew 18: 3-4
I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 There, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Proverbs 11: 2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

Sometimes I think, I over analyze my faith, and try to reason it out too much. (This is my adult pride taking over) A child trusts his/her parents to meet their needs and lead them. But as adults we have a hard time humbling ourselves to the leadership of God. Since I have started this class I have noticed that I have just accepted my faith more openly. The days I miss reading the bible I find myself repeating my memory versus over and over.

Proverbs 11: 7
When a wicked man dies, his hope perishes; all he expected from his power comes to nothing.

I have said to unbelievers; If you die and I am right you loose everything. If I die and you are right, I loose nothing. The saving power is from Christ not ourselves.

No comments: