Sunday, October 22, 2006

On a tree on a hill, blood was spilled for you an me….

The retreat was awesome. I can honestly say that I am now committed to finishing the DC program. My first spiritual discipline I will work on is solitude…

Be still and know I am God…

Be still and know I am…

Be still and know…

Be Still…

During the time of solitude Saturday morning I started thinking about all the trees, and how all the trees start from little acorns or seeds. One tree, can lead to the growth of thousands of other trees. As a tree grows and sprouts branches that reach out over the ground, it grows leaves, and develops seeds. The seeds at the end of the far reaching branches fall off onto the ground; some seeds are covered by the falling leaves while others are left on bare ground. More trees sprout from the coverd seeds and the process continues until a whole forest of trees is present.

To me as a Christian the most important tree is the one that held my savior at his death. This tree was planted by the sin of man. As it was raised into place, Christ’s arms were spread out wide. Blood from his hands and feet spilled onto the ground. Each drop of blood is a seed of faith. It is up to us to be covered by it, and let it sprout in our hearts. If we do, the seeds of our fruit will be spilled out for others to see. More people will accept the seed of faith from our savior.

Christ’s blood seeded and will continue to seed the souls of many.

My favorite thing shared by one of the men on the retreat:

God has filled you to the top with the Spirit, how much you let out is what matters.

No comments: