Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mathew

I am struck in Mathew about the continuing theme of choice, and asking to be saved and walk in the Faith. Jesus described this choice in many ways.

Mathew 6: 24
24 "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.”

What master do you serve earthly treasure or Jesus? You can not serve both and be Faithful to God. All things of this earth belong to him.

Mathew 7: 7-8
7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.”

Ask for salvation and it is given, have faith in what you are given and you will have eternal life.

Mathew 7: 13-14
13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

Do you choose the wide door or the one true way to eternal life? The narrow door is open to everyone who chooses.

Mathew 12: 30
30 "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters.”

Are you alive for Christ or do you sit by neutral to his teachings?

Mathew 16: 24-25
24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.”

How deep are you willing to go for Christ? Are you willing to loose it all, even your life to defend your faith.

All the statements by Jesus ask for a choice to be made:

You cannot serve both God and Money.
Ask and Seek
Wide or Narrow
With or Against, Gather Scatter
Risk it all… ?

After reading through the many times that Jesus asks us to make a choice, buried in the middle is one of Jesus’ absolute statements.

Mathew 10: 32-33
32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men; I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.”

Jesus is our only intercessor to God the Father. No one else can promise eternal life. No one else lived the perfect life. No one else paid for our salvation the way Christ has.

Choose Christ you choose eternal life. Choose your life you die to eternal life. After all Jesus choose to die so that we could have eternal life.

No comments: